To many people, inner peace seems elusive and unattainable, far away or unreal. To be successful you must learn how to achieve inner peace. It will be a skill that will help you throughout life. You will be calm during times of stress and during situations that need your immediate attention. Let’s look at the steps you can take.
1. Simplify. Keeping your life simple will contribute to your inner peace because it directs your energy to a single point. Toss out everything that holds you back. That includes friends and acquaintances who drain you and in return give you nothing. Remember quality over quantity. Keep it simple stay focused.
2. Be in the Present. The only time that really matters is the present because it’s the only time that really exists. That past is gone, the present is now and the future will be the present. Your actions today will impact your future, so focus on what you do have control over – the present. Give it your best and live. Instead of worrying about the past or panicking about the future, really enjoy the NOW. When we learn to live in the present, the concerns of the past and future can’t worry us.
3. Express Your Gratitude. Take a minute to recognize just how fortunate you are. Your mind may have a tendency to wonder and desire something different. But consider this – more than 80 percent of the world lives on less than $10 a day. Where do you fit into this? Chances are in comparison you are living like a King. So be grateful for what you have. Focusing on all the things in our lives that we are grateful for promotes peace of mind and reminds us that there are always positives.
4. Take a different approach. You have tried your way to solve an obstacle and it does not work. Your point of view isn’t the only one, don’t treat it like it’s law. Don’t go to battle over your point of view for the reality is that it is no more than your perception. If you find yourself in the wrong, be gracious and acknowledge that and try something different.
5. This too Shall Pass. Everything that comes will pass. Time is generous and indifferent. What is dark today may be glorious tomorrow. Everything perishes – everyone perishes. Nothing is forever. Time will heal the deepest wounds. Since whatever is going on today will pass, sometimes the best solution is simply to let it go. Tomorrow is another day – a fresh start.
6. Smile. Smile can wonders for your spirit and for the spirit of others. It can soften hearts and change moods. Smiling is connected to love. You can’t smile and be angry or jealous at the same time. Smiling makes you feel calm, happy and loved.