Self-improvement – a journey most of us find ourselves on at one time or another. But sometimes we can also find ourselves struggling. It’s nice to have a little help. If you are working on your self-improvement, these 20 great tips should be added to your list.
“Be so busy on self-improvement, that you have no time to criticize others”
Time for self-improvement, are you ready?
- Reduce how much time you spend on chat programs. Chat programs result in tons of wasted time, which you can spend on better activities.
- Befriend top people in their fields. These people have achieved their results because they have the right attitudes, skill sets and know-how. How better to learn than from the people who have been there and done that? Gain new insights from them on how you can improve and achieve the same results for yourself.
- Get yourself a coach. If you want to improve the fastest way to do so is to have a coach work with you to create your goals. Your coach can help to guide you; however, ultimately it is up to you to make your own decisions.
- Let your past go. If you are carrying unhappiness from the past or a grievance from the past, you need to let it go so that you can move forward. Holding on to this old baggage stops you from moving on.
- Turn off the television. It is a very liberating experience to stop watching television. You’ll free up time that you can use for more constructive purposes like spending time with your good friends, getting fit or working on your business plan. There is very little that TV actually has to offer that will stimulate your brain.
- Be kind to others – Show compassion and kindness to others. Sadly, the majority of us spend far too little time being nice to other human beings. By being kind it will help to grow the qualities of love, patience and compassion.
- Start a business – This can be a scary undertaking but there is so much growth that can happen that it is certainly worth considering. Is there something that interests you? If you said yes, why not make it a money making proposition. Start a new venture and learn how to run a business at the same time you make some extra money. You’ll develop skills like self-discipline, management, leadership and organizational skills.
- Learn how to play chess. Chess is a great game for you to learn how to create strategies and how to sharpen your brainpower. You can have a little fun while you exercise your brain and build your analytical skills.
- Every day read a personal development article – There are tons of great personal development blogs out there. Take the time to read at least one article a day – learn and grow from it.
- Commit to personal growth – You can likely make a long list of growth you would like to achieve, so write it down, make a list and commit to it. Make it happen.
- Set your goals –You need to always be looking forward in your life if you want to be successful in your personal development. If you aren’t looking to the future, you become comfortable with your current situation and you will not grow or enjoy the benefits of self-improvement.
- Become a highly disciplined –If your desire is to be a high achiever in life, you must become highly disciplined to enjoy success. If you tend to be lazy and don’t have a lot of willpower, you are headed for an average life.
- Think positive – When you think positively you bring out your very best. It will reduce the negative self-talk that we sometimes find ourselves involved in. Positive thoughts, let you see the world with ’rose colored glasses.’ You see the bright side of life. You will find negative emotions like sadness fill far less of your day.
- Exercise – Making sure you exercise daily does more than make you fit. It is a good way to de-stress and feel good.
- Show Gratitude – You need to show gratitude every time something good happens in your life. Doing this ensures you will receive even more good things. Gratitude is an amazing gift that you have right at your fingertips. Use it and watch your world grow. Consider keeping a gratitude journal and each day spend a few minutes writing down what you are grateful for.
- Create Value – We tend to go through life putting very little value on anything. Once you start to want to create true value, you will see that you are improving yourself. When you do that, others appreciate you and you will be rewarded in some way.
- Meditate – Meditation is a powerful tool that helps you to clear your mind, increase your happiness and decrease your negative thoughts. It’s an important component in really changing your life.
- Learn More – Take the time to study a subject you are interested in for 15 to 30 minutes a day. This increases your intelligence and boosts your confidence.
- Take Control of Your Thoughts – It is important for you to control your thoughts if you want to control your life. Make sure your thoughts aren’t chaotic. Organize and get rid of the bad thoughts replacing them with positive thoughts that can empower you. This is a key part of self-improvement.
- Organize Yourself – Take the time to organize your day so that you aren’t wasting time on activities that have no value and you can spend more time concentrating on what’s important.
There you have it!
20 great tips that can help you with your self-improvement. So what are you waiting for?